When it comes to marketing, the golden rule is “Test everything”. Most of the time, you plan the whole strategy but do not follow the right pattern when it comes to execution. Market is a platform where you need to be more practical than your assumed theories. There is no need to opt for something fancy to endorse your product. All you have to do is think open minded, keep creativity alive and stick to the basics following some of the basic rules that may be summed up as –
- POINTS OF DIFFERENCE – As a product or service provider, if you consider it a good idea to sell online, then remember that you are not alone. There are many other service providers having the same stuff. As an online customer, no one will bother to read the complete description and will move on. Therefore, you need to bold out the major points of difference that make your product superior to others.
- PROMOTIONS – One of the major advantages of Online Marketing is that you can promote freely. With social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, etc. it’s quite easy to reach the desired audience. Moreover, you can make your campaign viral by adding promotional videos on YouTube. Pop-ups are also a very effective tool to target the concerned audience. Add links on other websites and blogs.
- WEBSITE – Your website is the face of your company. A well designed home page with interactive user interface marks a very good impression on the customer. Include all your products on the Homepage. Add “How To” videos for all the products/services as required to show how your product works. Also, a no. of quality images will just clarify the customer about what he’ll be paying for.
- PAID ADVERTISING – First, open up a Google Ad Sense account and invest in their pay-per-click campaign for some of your top product ads. Your ads will get featured on many other networks and your money will be paid off very soon with traffic being diverted from all directions to your website, thereby increasing the sales expectancy.
- EFFECTIVE SEO – Search Engine Optimization is one of the most effective tools in online marketing. Take the help of professionals to help you get a higher rank in the Google’s search list. It has been certified that higher ranked sites get the maximum no. of users and therefore, more sale.
- USE ANALYTICS PROGRAM – You need to analyze your growth and points of failure very seriously for constant development. There are many Analytics programs both paid and free which will help you to work out which of your ads are being clicked most and which keywords are being searched most. This will help you to put your money in the right direction.
- DISCUSSION FORUM – A discussion forum allows your users to interact with each other and share their views and problems regarding different products of yours. This will help them to sort out the major problems themselves as most of them are common. Also, it will help you to build your community.
- CUSTOMER CARE – A customer care service is a must to cater the various issues of your customers and ensure a better customer service.